Lorenz Vauck
Lorenz Vauck, Computer Expert
Experience:  17 years of experience in fixing problems with DOS, Linux, Mac OS, iOS, Android & Windows. Just ask me :)
78122054

I have a toshiba satellite pro c850 and it wont turn on

Customer Question

Category: Laptop
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 2 months ago.

Dear Client,

thank you very much for your question. My name is***** am a computer expert since 17 years and I will be assisting you today.

Is there any error it is giving you or does it just not power up at all if you press the power key?

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It just wont power up at all
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Got an option to let you remotely connect. Is this useful if it wont turn on?

No, please ignore that option. Just a moment....

Michele, please try to unplug the power chord from the laptop, then remove the battery pack. Now just plug in the power chord again and try if it turns on now. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Still won't turn on

Thank you. Can you please try to press the power button for at least 10 seconds and let me know what happens?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Nothing happened

Can you remember what you did before it stopped working? Just to make sure: the power supply actually shows a green light and is fully connected with your laptop too, right?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I used it the other day at a work site unplugged with full battery. Brought it home but forgot to plug in. Tried to turn on yesterday with no luck so plugged it in overnight and now it won't work today

OK thank you, ***** ***** just make sure that the power supply is showing a green LED?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No lights ar all. Until the other day I have had my computer always plugged in.

Yes I see, so the power supply is damaged it seems. Is there a LED at all on it, just not green?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No led light at all. When I have the battery in and press the power button I got the power indicator light to Blink but no power. As soon as I plug it that light will not come on when I try to power it on

OK, this means that on battery-mode, the battery is empty (the short blinking confirms that). However, the power supply does not seem to be working and should be replaced. Should I look one up for you on the internet?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
just so I understand correctly I need a new power cord. Is this something I can buy at a local computer store so I can get it quicker than through the mail

Yes, you can, but they usually have to order these as well, since they are not "universal" but specific to your Laptop. If you give me a few minutes, I can look it up for your on the internet. You could get it at Amazon with express shipping for example. Just a moment....