Nathan, Systems Manager
Experience:  Own/operate IT/networking company.
59725966

I have a Toshiba 50L1400L and the screen goes black for

Customer Question

I have a Toshiba 50L1400L and the screen goes black for about a second and back to normal foe about 3 seconds and it continues all the time
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Toshiba? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: I don't know the exact model since I lost my book all I could find was the number SN EO 9292T10335C1 and I am hooked to disd
JA: Have you installed any updates recently? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have not installed no update and the only troubleshooting is turning off the system and turning it on again
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That is it Thank you
Category: Laptop
Expert:  syseng replied 2 months ago.

My name is David.

Assuming the computer is running a version of the Windows operating system, next perform a system restore which may fix the issue. To do this click the Windows button in task bar, then type System Restore in the Search box and press Enter. Click Next and then click a restore point dated prior to when the issue first occurred and click Next. Confirm the System Restore and the restore will be applied and the computer will reboot. Then retest to see if the issue is resolved.
Note that System Restore is reversible and does not impact your personal files.

Please let me know the result.

Thanks,

David.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with this but I’ll do my best to help you out.

My apologies, Gene, it appears your question was mistakenly posted/answered in the computer category rather than tv. I'm an experienced tv tech and can help you with this, if you still need assistance.

Would you please tell me if you are still getting sound from the tv or if it cuts out too?
If you bring up the toshiba menu screens, do they display consistently, or are they flickering also?
What about any other input/source, like dvd, games, or apps?