Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

Password forgotten-rebooting done-still no picture available

Customer Question

hi,
JA: Hello. What do you want help with?
Customer: password ***** done-still no picture available and no recovery working
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: recently
JA: Have you installed any updates recently? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Yes,window 10 updates-I hae tried almost all of them,still na
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 month ago.

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 month ago.

To confirm, you are unable to log onto your Windows 10 computer?

Let me know,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
my L850 TOSHIBA isn't working at all-I tried to reboot it-made a recovery-install a new window 10 but still no picture I forgot my opening password
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 month ago.

OK. What happens when you turn on the laptop? What exactly do you see on the screen?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
When I switch on my laptop-it asked me to put my password-then it goes to automatic repair- but nothing happens
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 month ago.

Please do the following:

1. Completely turn off the laptop

2. Disconnect the power connector from the laptop as well as any other hardware that is connected (mouse, printer, external hard disk drive, etc)

3. Turn the laptop over and remove the laptop battery

4. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds, and then release it

5. Now re-connect the battery and the power adapter and turn the laptop on

Let me know if there are any changes.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no changes- it ask me for a password (I give my old one)-then it goes automatic repair for a while and then nothing is happening
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 month ago.

Is that the BIOS password ***** that just says "Enter password"?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 month ago.

OK. Is the result the same no matter what password ***** enter?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
my old password *****
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 month ago.

Please restart your laptop and then enter some random text as password. Let me know if it will take it and display the automatic repair screen, or the "Enter password" prompt will still there until you enter your old password?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
if I do am random password ***** tees me there is an error and ask me to write it again- the right way this time
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
if I do a random password ***** tells me.....
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 month ago.

OK. After entering the correct password, you should see Windows booting. If that doesn't happen, but you only see the automatic repair screen, it means the problem is with Windows. To solve the problem, you can either repair Windows or re-install it.

I see you mentioned re-installing Windows 10. Did you use a Windows 10 installation disc or another method?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't see windows booting-all I see is automatic repaires and soon after, diagnosing you pc......For the installation of window 10 I grabed window 10 install ,available and provided by widow 10
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 month ago.

OK. When re-installing Windows 10, did you use the "Recommended install" that overwrites new Windows 10 files over the existing Windows 10 installation, or you went for "Custom install" where you need to manually select which drive to install Windows 10 to?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
how can I reinstall window 10 when I d'ont even have a picture on screen
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 month ago.

You need to boot from a Windows 10 installation disc. To do that, insert a Windows 10 installation disc and restart your laptop. Upon powering on, start pressing the F12 key on the keyboard. It should then display the Boot options window. In case you are prompted to enter the BIOS password ***** restarting the laptop, enter the correct one and then keep pressing the F12 key afterward. Once you see the Boot options window, select your CD/DVD drive and you will be taken to the Windows 10 Setup screen where you can re-install Windows 10.

Let me know if it worked.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 month ago.

Were you able to boot from a Windows 10 installation disc?

Expert:  IT Miro replied 23 days ago.

Hello again!

I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. Let me know by sending me a reply below.

Thanks,

Expert:  IT Miro replied 19 days ago.

Hello!

Let me know if you were able to receive my messages.