Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

Trying to find a wireless network adapter for Toshiba laptop

Customer Question

trying to find a wireless network adapter for Toshiba laptop satellite. do yu carry those?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Toshiba? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: there are several numbers on the back of this laptop. which one do you need. runs windows 7
JA: Have you installed any updates recently? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: have not installed updates lately. I have a desktop with wifi but was told the laptop needed adapter.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, thank you.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 months ago.

Hi, and thank you for your question.

First off, let's check if your Toshiba laptop comes built in with a working internal WIFI card. Please click on the Start button, and then type in device manager in the search field and press ENTER.

In the Device Manager, double-click on "Network Adapters" - do you see any WIFI device listed there?

Please reply at the box below, and then we will continue further.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Okay. will do.cant continue right now. will resume later today..
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 months ago.

PS: Please do not accept any remote assistance offer (simply "X" it out) if it shows up on this page; it's sent out automatically by our site, and not by me. We do not need to do a remote session for your issue; I'll reply back to you below now.

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 months ago.

No issues; you may get back to this page anytime later on, through your emails received from JustAnswer. Thank you.