Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop expert
50836188

I'm beginning to hate my Toshiba laptop. The touchpad is so

Customer Question

I'm beginning to hate my Toshiba laptop. The touchpad is so "touchy" it jumps text size 2 to 4x bigger or little. Closes things, etc. Are there settings for this things?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Toshiba? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: It's a 4K Ultra HD Satellite
JA: Have you installed any updates recently? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: On the touchpad, I haven't tried anything. No updates (other than Windows 10 doing its thing) and the touchpad has always been a mess since the day I started using this laptop.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of at the moment. Thanks
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

This is most likely caused by your palms/hands/static/warmth causing it to jump around, but thankfully there is a program called Touchfreeze that will freeze the touchpad while you are typing.

Click here: http://touchfreeze.net/

Click on Download TouchFreeze-1.1.0.msi - After the program downloads then open the program and install it. After it is installed, you can run the program.

Once you install it, try typing again. The program will run in the background so it will not affect anything on your computer.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

I still have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

I hope everything is okay with your issue. -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.