Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

I have a Toshiba Model #W35DT/A3300; and I want to get a

Customer Question

I have a Toshiba Model #W35DT/A3300; and I want to get a Windows 7 or 8 Recovery Media...
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Toshiba? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: I'm not on it with you right now, so I don't know what a operating system is...
JA: Have you installed any updates recently? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: No I've not installed any updates recently, but, I truly want the Windows 7 or 8 Recovery media.. I bought it from someone else
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of...
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Barun replied 1 month ago.

Hi, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you today.

Could you let me know what's the serial number of the Toshiba laptop? You can find this info on a sticker at the back of the laptop itself.

Please reply back using the box below, and then we will continue further.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
VD104-542zc
Expert:  Barun replied 1 month ago.

PS: Please do NOT accept any remote assistance offer (simply "X" it out) if it shows up on this page; it's sent out automatically by our site, and not by me. We do not need to do a remote session for your issue; I'll reply back to you below now.

Expert:  Barun replied 1 month ago.

OK; before providing you with the recovery info, I should let you know that your Toshiba laptop comes with a recovery partition built in, so we can boot up into the same to restore your laptop without needing to purchase/use any recovery disks itself. Would you like to try that now?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I just want the Windows 7 or 8 recovery media item set to me, and I'll hook it and send it into my laptop
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I truly have to go soon, so can you let me know that you will send the item to me, I can give you my home address
Expert:  Barun replied 1 month ago.

Got it; if you want to order a set of recovery disks, please use the following link:

https://support.toshiba.com/repair

Scroll down to the "Get recovery media" section, and then submit your laptop's serial number to order the recovery media set for your model accordingly. Please check out the following screenshot to find out where to get your serial number at the back of the laptop:

http://www.nationalparts.com/Assets/images/partnumber.jpg

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My name is**********, Manteca, CA 95336; Please do this, I'm going to have to go off line right away.... So sorry
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** i will be finishing up and seeing you through your issue when you are ready to

return and go forward. We understand sometimes these things take time due to your schedule and busy

lives. I will keep this open for you and when you are ready with time, just reply and it will update me.

You stated that you have a desire for media recovery discs? I can explain how to proceed. First, it would be

best to know why you need these as we have particular programs ourselves and tech support to help with issues.

As for having discs, we do not mail them out as we are not a service that provides products for shipment. What i can

do is find you the best options for what you need (depending on your problem) and show you the most financially sound

product for you and show you where/how to order it.

Please update when you have more time and we will determine what the best course of action for you is.

~Franklin

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I just now got on line, and I will be going somewhere early, and then I'll head one more place; then I should be able to "talk" to you around 1:30... I hope that is ok... Thank you for you help...

That is fine. I havent heard from you yet, but when you get online, just

let me know to proceed.