Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

Help is for a tv model D07261C10244d1. Always get "Retail

Customer Question

help is for a tv model D07261C10244d1. Always get "Retail Lock" coming back on after1234 or 0000 four times. then good for a while then comes back. I now cannot get the 1234 or 0000 to work. When retail lock is on you cannot change channels at all. What can I do or do I tack for repair.
JA: What kind of computer do you have? Do you know what Operating System (OS) you're running?
Customer: Toshiba model D07261c10244D1
JA: Have you installed any updates recently? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: No! and I tried the 1234 and 4- zeros as instructed from help desk.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no! let me know what to do and do I stay on right know or how will you contact me?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Can you recheck that model number for me, please? That looks more like a serial.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

No you can't check it?
That is not a valid model number. A toshiba model would look like 43L420U for example.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Cancel request. I was asking about a TV not a labtop computer. I will go to a tv repair shop.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Yes I understand that, I'm a tv expert, your question was miscategorized when posted, but I am a tv tech and moved it to the right area after so I could work with you. I can help you with this, but I need a valid model to do give you specifics and part numbers.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I fixed it on my own. thank you!!
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for the update, glad it is working for you.