Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

How do I scan a printed document from my HP OfficeJet Pro

Customer Question

How do I scan a printed document from my HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 to my Toshiba Satellite laptop? I have connected the printer to the Satellite but when I tap the scan command on the HP, the message says the connection is not working. Maybe I need to install some kind of scanning driver on the Toshiba? Not proficient with installing software and need your advice. And if we get the scan function working, where does the scanned document go in the Satellite?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Toshiba? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: Toshiba Satellite. C855--S5306 appears on the bottom of the computer. About two years old, maybe three.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: This morning, Windows Office did an auto-update. I don't know how to troubleshoot the Toshiba for a scanning function.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I would prefer having someone call me and walk me through whatever I have to do.(###) ###-####
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Hi there and welcome

Has this worked before and stopped working?

Abnd which version of windows are you using?

Please let me know