Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  IT expert with over 10 years experience.

Hp laptop tell me that hard disk not exist what is that

Customer Question

hp laptop tell me that hard disk not exist what is that mean
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 5 to 6 year old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: about two week did the start-up test it respond ok even the run test
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: do you need to go directly on the hp I am on my computer
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 20 days ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

What it means is that the hard drive has failed and broken, or it just doesnt 'see' it.

Can you send me the exact model of hp it is so i can review its hard drive specs?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Thank you Isaac for your time The problem is a hard drive failure I will need to reload the computer .

okay, one moment. that will entail quite a bit of time. i will open this up to another expert as i

want someone to be able to dedicate their full attention to this task for you to ensure it is done

Please standby

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
That ok will have to do it a other day have to go to work now. Thanks
Expert:  Chris L. replied 20 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience.

When your computer says that the hard drive does not exist it is either disconnected, or has failed. It could also be another hardware issue with the motherboard for example.

Getting this back in working order is quite a large job, so if you have no experience in computer repair I would not suggest you attempt to fix this yourself. So my professional recommendation to you would be to take it to a local computer repair shop and have it diagnosed and get a quote on repair and data recovery from the drive if the drive has failed and has files on it that you need.

As I am sure you understand I cannot tell you 100% sure what the problem is without physically having access to the computer and for this reason I suggest you take it to a local repair shop.

If you need some recommendations on where to bring it please provide with your city name.

At this time please take a moment to click the stars above, 3 or more please to acknowledge you have received my answer and understand it. You can still reply to me at any time if you need more help.

Thank you,