Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist

My daughter spilled some juice on it the keys seems to work

Customer Question

my daughter spilled some juice on it the keys seems to work everything but the mouse pad
JA: What kind of computer do you have? Do you know what Operating System (OS) you're running?
Customer: windows 8.1
JA: Have you installed any updates recently? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I said my daughter spilled juice on my mouse pad
JA: Got it. Anything else you want the Laptop Technician to know before I setup your one-on-one?
Customer: no
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  michelleclive replied 26 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

Let me know how many days back the spill happened and since then how long has the computer been on.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
just today
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
everything seems to be working accept the mouse
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
I mean the mouse pad
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
hello are you there

Everything will work fine in case the liquid has gone into the keyboard the keyboard will fail and die slowly. This will take few days the problem will increase.

To avoid further electronic dies remove the battery unplug the ac adapter and do not use the laptop till the mouse pad is replaced.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
this is my only computer
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
will the mouse pad dry out
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
well thanks even though your answer was not worth 38.00

The mouse pad will dry off but the electronic part which controls the mouse pad is damaged due to liquid which has short circuit the panel.

I know its hard to accept but thats the true fact and the mouse pad will need a replacement. Don't use the computer till its replaced or else it will damage further other electronics parts like keyboard or the motherboard. Which will cost you much expensive to get it repaired.

Let me know if you have any question feel free to ask.