Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

My SB-KV 550 DVD Player reports "incorrect Disc" How do I

Customer Question

My SB-KV 550 DVD Player reports "incorrect Disc" How do I ascertain disc
JA: What kind of computer do you have? Do you know what Operating System (OS) you're running?
Customer: SD KV 550 Is the nodel. Claims incorrect Disc
JA: Have you installed any updates recently? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Need help in ascertaining disc numbers allow me to run
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Need to Connect
Category: Laptop
Expert:  bbao replied 2 months ago.

Hi There. I am Bing and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Expert:  bbao replied 2 months ago.

First I would like to clarify the model number and brand name as I can't identify the exact product per the given information. Please advise. Thanks.

Expert:  bbao replied 2 months ago.

A Toshiba product?

Expert:  bbao replied 2 months ago.

Are you still there? Do you still need my assistance?

Expert:  Bruce Wilner replied 2 months ago.

Hello. It would be my pleasure to assist you with your problems with your disc player.

I do need some more information in order to perform a proper diagnosis. First, I have issues with the reported diagnostic: "Incorrect disk." Is that PRECISELY what the error message said?

What exactly do you mean by "disc number"? That is not a precisely definable "term of art."

What is the CONTEXT within which these issues are arising? I can believe that, if the player is in diagnostic mode or is trying to do some initialization or maintenance based upon specifications stored on one or more discs, then it would want you to load the CORRECT discs, thus, the complaint "Incorrect disc." Otherwise, such a message (you see, these things are first written in Japanese, then translated to Danish by some fellow standing in a phone booth--without a door--down by the subway platforms, with trains rushing by), then transcribed into Tagalog by a deaf secretary) would seem to me to indicate an incorrectly FORMATTED disc, as in a damaged disc.

Please advise. Thank you so kindly for your patience and forbearance. We can get to the bottom of this, but I need ultra-precise information and awareness of the exact situations in which these issues are occurring.