Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

Its actually an LX830 All in one..3 months ago it shut down

Customer Question

Hello..
JA: What kind of computer do you have? Do you know what Operating System (OS) you're running?
Customer: Its actually an LX830 All in one..3 months ago it shut down ,due to a domestic power failure. When powered back on , it took about an hour to actually come on.. The power led had turned from orange to white and the PCU cooling fan was pulsating from slow to fast and back to slow.. Eventually the computer came to life. This week , another power failure at home and the LX830 has the same symptoms , but after 24 hours running .won't start.. Power unit has been checked all OK 19 Volts. Running Windows 10 anniversary ver.Thanks..Rod
JA: Have you installed any updates recently? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: No to updates. Checked power module with load and oscilloscope for output ans AC ripple..All OK.Rod
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Most probably Low voltage onboard power supply ..Bios and B/up Battery is ok..Rod
Category: Laptop
Expert:  michelleclive replied 6 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks..! I think I will buy a new motherboard.. Please forget my request..Rod

If the unit is 3 months old it must be covered under manufacturer warranty. You can get the LX830 repaired or the faulty parts can be replaced for free.

Let me know the make of the manufacturer i can give you a warranty support number to call up and fix a schedule for the repair.