Martin, Network Engineer
Experience:  10+ Years Experience CCNA Network Engineer A+ Net+ Linux & Windows OS C++ Programming
74139101

Aspire 7250-3831 won't turn on.

Customer Question

Aspire 7250-3831 won't turn on.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Martin replied 9 months ago.

Hello, how are you?

What does it do when you try to turn it on?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Nothing
Expert:  Martin replied 9 months ago.

Do any lights come on at all or any humming sound come from the computer?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No humming but a tiny light .on the m edge blinks
Expert:  Martin replied 9 months ago.

Press the power button for a full 60 seconds then let go, wait 2 seconds and press it again to power it on and tell me what it does

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
K
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Nothing happened
Expert:  Martin replied 9 months ago.

Have you tried using another charger / AC adapter?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No, but I did think about it. Hold on, I'll go get one.
Expert:  Martin replied 9 months ago.

Ok great - make sure it's the same voltage/amperage (it should be written on the adapter)

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I plugged in my toshiba but not even the tiny light flashed. I can't read the small print so I don't know if it's the same
Expert:  Martin replied 9 months ago.

It might be of less voltage - here's a link I found with a replacement charger for your Acer:

https://www.amazon.com/Notebook-Charger-7250-0409-Adapter-Adaptor-Included/dp/B0065N7IK6

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
There are two switches on the bottom. One is a toggle that shows red (assuming when it's on) and the other is a slide that pops back where it started. Reset maybe?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
are you thinking it's the charger? It will take a couple of days to get it. I am Prime.
Expert:  Martin replied 9 months ago.

If all you see is a light and nothing on the screen it most probably isn't receiving enough energy to power on so the AC adapter is the first thing to look at, next would be the battery if the AC adapter could power it on but it isn't holding charge on its own and last the actual motherboard on the laptop

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok, I ordered it but it's not a prime vender. Says it should be here by the 27th.
Expert:  Martin replied 9 months ago.

Ok great - let me know how it goes when you receive it, you can get back to this page from your email inbox, the emails sent to you by our website link you back to your question.

Expert:  Martin replied 9 months ago.

Before you sign off for today, if you could take a moment to click on one of the green stars at the top to rate me for my time, it would be greatly appreciated!

Have a lovely weekend.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Martin, how can I rate you when nothing has yet happened?
Expert:  Martin replied 9 months ago.

Your rating has nothing to do with your payment, it is so the website recognizes my time working with you.

Thanks!