Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  15 Years saving Laptops from the recyling bin! Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

When powering up hp laptop, it immediately goes to startup

Customer Question

When powering up hp laptop, it immediately goes to startup repair. Then to hp recovery manager.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your HP? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: Hp pavilion g series. Windows 7. But the way it's trying to start up now, my son says that looks kind of like XP.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: This was my deceased mothers. No updates, barely used, and it's been sitting for a while. That's why I'm confused. Also... I'm a Mac guy so
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: It has barely been connected to the Internet. And that's been a year or more ago
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

It sounds like your windows install may be damaged.

What happens if you press and hold power for 30 seconds solid.. Then, shut down the machine.

And then start it and immediately tap the F8 key.. Does it show you boot options such as safe mode?

if so, try safe mode with networking and let me know if it boots into windows.. If it doesnt boot, look at the last line of code at the bottom of the screen and type that line of code back to me here.. Thank you,

Dustin S

Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

I tried to accept your secure remote connection request and on this end it said payment failed. This sometimes happens if your bank or credit card blocks the transaction. A quick call to them will usually lift that block.

In the meantime I am sending the remote offer back to you to be approved when you are ready. Also, you can contact our customer service here if you have further questions. http://ww2.justanswer.com/phone

With that being said.. Did you try the steps I suggested above?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
When powering up I tried tapping f8, then I tried holding f8 Nothing. It still goes to recovery manager
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Allright.. Ive accepted the secure remote offer you sent.. Do you have a second PC I can connect to in order to help you create a repair disk for the non working computer?