Dan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  25 Years working with computer troubleshooting and networking. Comp TIA A-Plus Certified.

I have lost the password that allows me to get online with

Customer Question

I have lost the password ***** allows me to get online with my Acer Chromebook.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I look forward to assisting you today. Is this your password ***** allows you to log on to the computer?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
That's the one I can't seem to remember, altho I thought I had it.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm a little uncomfortable giving you my Visa number before you've solved my problem. How do I know I'm not going to get robbed? Will you give me a receipt for what this costs?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Please disregard the request for Premium Service. That is an automated request not coming from me.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I could do that, but I'd really like to know how to fix it myself if I ever have this problem again.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Your Chromebook is protected with your Google account password. Sign into your Google account and reset that password ***** that should reset your Chromebook as well.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Problem - my Acer Chromebook won't let me do anything. I'll have to go downstairs and try it on another computer (this is my husband's). OK?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

No problem.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Any progress?

Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Just checking to see how you are doing? Please let me know if you still need assistance.