Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  15 Years saving Laptops from the recyling bin! Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Lenovo Yoga 12 laptop failed to restart after updating the

Customer Question

Lenovo Yoga 12 laptop failed to restart after updating the already installed Windows 10.
Now at lenovo screen. Won't go beyond
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Still at the Lenovo screen
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This is a yoga12 .
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

Lets try a power cycle forced recovery approach..

First, shut the computer down.. Then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds, then release the power button and let it start normally. If it wont start normally after about a minute.. Then proceed with the steps below.

With the computer running, hold power to force it to power off.

Then, start the computer, and then immediately hold power to force it to power off.

( so we have forced it to power off three times total , keep count )

Now, start the computer and let it try to boot. It should go to a blue recovery screen. If it does not, hold power to force a shut off then start it again and see if it goes to the blue screen.

When it gets to the blue screen, go to troubleshooting, advanced, and then choose roll back to previous build. That will undo the update.

if you get stuck or this doesnt work, let me know exactly what you tried and what you saw so that i can assist you fu rther.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Has gone to the blue screen. do i follow your direction?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No buttons to push etc
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

Question.. when you made it to the blue screen, did it look similar to this?

If not, how many times did you force shut down by holding the power button?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No. The screen stopped showing. Lenovo and seemed to change from black to purple/blue.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Totally blank
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I probably forced it to restart a total of 6 times. 2 x 3 sessions
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
You still on the case?
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

Understood. I was trying to research your specific model.

If you look on the front end of the machine, on the front edge itself. Do you have a small button on the far left side next to the power button?

If so, that sh ould be the one key recovery button.. Lets try pressing and holding that key ( with the power off)

let me know what happens..

Dustin S

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Power button is just bach from on the leading edge on right side of case.Yes there is a button ahead of the Power button..can't read the symbol. Maybe it is a recycle button. Should I press it? When?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I was incorrect. The button I was referring to is the power on button. There is no recycle button ahead of it. However there is a button ahead of it that looks like a volume switch plus and minus.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
By mistake I just press the power button so the machine is now off.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm gone. You have my contact info if you find anything. Minimum payment is in order from my perspective.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

My apologies for the delay in getting back to you.. It seems at this point you do not have a novo or one key recovery button.

We also havent been able to force a recovery as of yet.. This leaves us with limited options.

We need to enter the bios, and disable fast boot, disable secure boot, and disable csm boot. ( be thorough, go through each bios page and disable anything that matches the above )

It should be the F2 or F12 key to get into the bios.. You can only access it when you very first press power to turn on the machine. And you only have about a one second window to press either key to get into the bios.