Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

I have a laptop with windows 2000 as the operating system.

Customer Question

I have a laptop with windows 2000 as the operating system. Before I go any further can you provide support for that system?
Category: Laptop
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The system doesn't boot . Error \winnt\system32\config\system. Tried booting from USB, tried last good config
Expert:  technicalcat replied 2 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble. I will help you now.

I can help you with Windows 2000, however it is a very old and obsolete version of Windows that may likely be problematic for daily use.

Even so, if you'd like to continue, please tell me what you are trying to do with 2000. You mention a bootable USB. Are you trying to install Windows to the HARD DRIVE on the laptop?

OK. That error is mostly fatal on a very old system like this. You could have hard drive failure, or a re-install/recovery of Windows 2000 or a newer version of Windows may fix it.

What is the make(brand) and model of the laptop?

Please reply to me in the box below, or you can also accept the phone call offer, and I can call you to make things much faster and easier. Thank You.