Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

I have an Acer z410 cell phone. Can I get it to connect to a

Customer Question

I have an Acer z410 cell phone. Can I get it to connect to a USB On The Go adapter to access a USB memory stick? It does not see the Memory stick when I plug it in.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Michael Norman replied 9 months ago.

Hello. My name is, Mike. I'd like to try ans assist you with your issue. You may be able to solve this issue via a free app called ES File Explorer. This typically helps when Android devices are not able to find the USB device.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.estrongs.android.pop

Also determining compatibility with OTG has been difficult, however there are a large number of phones that are not compatible with OTG because they do not provide support for USB host mode.

In fact if you go the the link below you will see that your phone does not provide host mode. Scroll down to the USB under the Connectivity section.

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Acer-Liquid-Z410,Motorola-Moto-G-LTE/phones/9039%2C8655

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Es explorer did not see the USB memory

The issue is that your phone does not support the OTG feature.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok, I am ready to give up. It is late and I no not want to give remote access to my phone.

You do not need to give remote access. The issue is that your phone does not support on-the-go cables. It will not work regardless.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No thank you.

My recommendation is for you to contact Acer to find out if they are going to release a firmware update that allows the use of on-the-go connections. Otherwise you will not be able to connect to an external USB flash drive.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
How do we end this? No resolution today
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can I ask what you need to do with the USB connection?