Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Technician

I own an older laptop. It's a Qosmio Harman/Kardon. Upon

Customer Question

Hello, I own an older laptop. It's a Qosmio Harman/Kardon. Upon start up I get a message that says TRACING_FATAL_ERROR. Then it says it will do a restart for me and the whole process starts again. I'm unable to access anything to even do a system reboot. Please help.......
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 1 month ago.

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

Try pressing F8 repeatedly during the bootup process to get the repair screen.

follow these steps> Remove the battery and Disconnect the power adapter, then Press and hold the power button for 60 seconds, then reinsert the battery and reconnect the power adapter, then press the power button to turn on and immediately begin pressing the f8 key.

let me know if that works please...

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I can't get a connection for you to do it remotely as I can't log on. I am about to try ur solution

okay, sounds good.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok. I now have the automatic repair page the options are restart or advanced options. Which one should I take? Keeping in mind it has already restarted about 50 times.

choose advanced options, that will get you to the system restore and if you need to you can reinstall the os from there also.

you should see these options or something similar>

• System Restore - This rolls back the system files to a previous system restore point (least obtrusive). Documents and personal files are not changed, but applications installed after the restore point was created will need to be reinstalled. Application files that were not installed but were copied to the computer will also be removed if they were added after the restore point to which you're restoring.
  • Refresh - A refresh will change PC settings to defaults and attempt to save personal files while removing applications. Note that while this will attempt to save your personal files and data, it could be lost. Similarly, some applications might not be removed.
  • Reset - A reset returns your computer to its out-of-box, factory default conditions (removes your personal files and apps as well reset all settings to defaults).
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Randy, I'm doing a full reset as when I choose a restore point it said there were none stored. I know that's not correct as I created a restore point last week in case something like this happened. Can I please get back to you shortly. The reboot is timing at approximately an hour? Seems excessive. Lucky I've got a backup in iCloud

yes, take your time.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Nothing.....I'm back to where I started. Did a system reboot back to factory settings. Do I throw it in the bin and buy a new one???

unfortunately, if the restore fails there is most likely an issue with the hard drive. If the computer is very old it will be best to purchase a new one.

i have bought several lately on Amazon for $400 and under. You can get a great laptop for under $400 in any size screen. The ones I purchased were 15.6 and 17.3 inch sizes and had intel core i3 and up in them with 500gb and 1tb hard drives also. >CLICK HERE TO VIEW<<

Please reply and let me know if you need any other assistance,

Also, please take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top then click submit.

Thank you!

do you need more help?