Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist

I purchase my laptop in 2008, I my battery light is

Customer Question

I purchase my laptop in 2008, I my battery light is blinking, I unplugged my laptop for 2 days, which I never did, it told me yesterday I had 0% now it does say anything I am concerned about my battery
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Good morning Barbara. My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows laptops, desktops, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.

Laptops were not designed to be left plugged in constantly. If you are going to use them this way, then it is wise to remove the battery if possible. Over time, laptop batteries will lose their ability to hold a charge even under ideal conditions. The good news is that it is usually not terribly expensive to purcahse a replacement battery.

In order to provide the best possible guidance, I'll need to ask a few questions. How old is your laptop? What brand and model is it?