Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Support Technician
Experience:  Technical Support Coach at Liberty Tax Service
93584285

Hp envy 750-114 has blue screen: RECOVERY PC/Device needs to

Customer Question

hp envy 750-114 has blue screen: RECOVERY PC/Device needs to be repaired. the boot configuration data for your PC is missing or contains errors. File:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD
Error Code: Oxc0000034. I purchased recovery discs specifically for this pc and can't get the machine to read them.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Follow the steps below to configure the boot order on most computers.

If you are satisfied with the help I have provided, please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating on this page. Your feedback is important as it is the only way I am credited for assisting you. Thank you.
~Franklin

1. Turn on or restart the computer, put in your recovery disk. Turn computer off, then back on.

2. While the display is blank, press the f10 key to enter the BIOS settings menu.

note:

The BIOS settings menu is accessible by pressing the f2 or the f6 key on some computers.

3. Select the Advanced tab using the right and left arrow keys.

4. Use the up and down arrow keys to select Boot Order.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to change the boot order. You want the 2. i believe. It will say optical CD rom/DVD.