Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist

I am trying to connect my MacBook Pro to an InFocus DLP

Customer Question

I am trying to connect my MacBook Pro to an InFocus DLP Projector. The instructions say I need to press a specific key combination on my laptop to activate the external video port (Mini-DVI). Is this necessary for a Mac? If so, can you tell my the key combination.
Thank you.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Matt replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'm going to attempt to help you connect your MacBook Pro to the projector. Typically, as soon as you plug in, it would connect, but I've seen cases like this.

Expert:  Matt replied 1 month ago.

Can you try the following? Go into the Apple menu in the top left of your computer and select "System Preferences". Please let me know when you are there or let me know if you aren't seeing that.

Expert:  Matt replied 1 month ago.

Once you are in there, you can select the "Displays" icon, then click "Detect Displays". Again, if you have any trouble finding any of this, please let me know.

Expert:  Matt replied 1 month ago.

If this did not help, I have another idea; I'll await your status.