Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  IT expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

I have an Envy G0U27AV Tech support replaced my HDD.

Customer Question

I have an Envy G0U27AV Tech support replaced my HDD. Recovery is giving me an error message Detect some error during PINIST_BBU. Did both 3 and 4 dis recovery with the same results
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Chris L. replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 3 months ago.

Was the hard drive replacement done as a warranty repair? If so I suggest you call them again and tell them you are still experiencing issues. The same goes with a local tech support firm. If you are still having the issue and the computer worked on by tech support then you should return it and have them fix it properly rather than spend your own time trying to fix it.

It appears that they did not repair the issues in the first place and/or created new ones. If tech support replaced your hard drive and you are still having issue the problem could be deeper than a hard drive such as a motherboard.

Either way I suggest you contact whoever installed the new hard drive and tell that the issues are not fixed. They should be able to repair at no charge to you since it was fixed the first time.

Please take a moment to click the stars above, 3 or more to acknowledge you have received my answer and advice.

Thank you,

Chris