Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  IT expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

I have a 17 inch ENVY laptop that is appx. 2 years old. One

Customer Question

I have a 17 inch ENVY laptop that is appx. 2 years old. One of the hinges that connect the screen to the keyboard is broken. It has nearly rendered the machine unusable. I live in Plano, Texas (75093). Is there an HP service office that can make the repair?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Chris L. replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 3 months ago.

Do you know if the computer is still under warranty?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it is not
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I keep getting asked if I want to allow you to securely connect to fix - it is a hardware issue, not a software issue
Expert:  Chris L. replied 3 months ago.

No problem and you can say no to securely connect since this will need hand on repair.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 3 months ago.

I am going to give you a few phone numbers of shops which can repair this for you in your area.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 3 months ago.

I suggest you first try Happy Computer in Plano, you can reach them at(###) ###-####and they should be able to give you an estimate on the phone. If you are not pleased with them I would then suggest you call DFW-PC-Repairs at(###) ###-####

These places have certified technicians and good reviews. Your problem should not be very difficult for any certified tech to fix. Plus both of these places will be able to order any parts needed in order to fix direct from HP.

If you need any more suggestions please let me know. Also if you don't mind please remember to click the stars above, 3 or more to acknowledge you have received my answer and advice.

Thanks,

Chris