Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

Have HP Pavilion G6 Series laptop, was working, everything

Customer Question

Have HP Pavilion G6 Series laptop, was working, everything then my cat walked across the laptop and the laptop went black, power button light and indicator light by the cord went off, now I can't get it to turn back on. HELP please.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your HP? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: HP Pavilion G6 Series and Windows 7, installed Microsoft 2016 last week, everything was fine until the fat cat walked across the keyboard.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: unplugged from outlet, tried another power cord that verified working
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was working on project, everything was working fine then the fat cat strolled across the keyboard and it went black. won't turn on.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  sudipto_dutta replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for posting your question on Justanswer.com, a global paid independent support site.My Name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Please remove the battery and power cord from the laptop then, wait for 10 mins. after connect only the battery and try to power on the laptop and reply me back.