Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

My job envy x360 chrome notebook won't turn off and there's

Customer Question

My job envy x360 chrome notebook won't turn off and there's a black screen only. What do I do?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Bryan replied 9 months ago.

Hi, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you today.

First, please hold down the Power button for atleast 20 seconds (continue holding even when the screen switches off), and then release the button.

Next, press the Refresh (circled arrow) and the Power buttons together on your keyboard; does it turn on all right this time?

Please reply back to me using the box below.

Expert:  Bryan replied 9 months ago.

If you need more help or if your issue is still not resolved, please use the Reply box below to continue our conversation.

Otherwise, kindly take a moment to rate my service by clicking on (and submit) one of the five stars at the top of this page - this is the only way that I'll be credited for assisting you today. Thank you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
What does the circle arrow look like?
Expert:  Bryan replied 9 months ago.

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you; I had gone off for the day when you replied back to me.

Please check out the following image now:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/imageServlet?DOCID=emr_na-c04244548-2/c04244550.jpg

You need to press both of these keys together when powering your Chromebook back on; does it still show up a blank screen this way?

Keep me posted.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The image on the keyboard is not the same as the one I have. Is there a different button?
Expert:  Bryan replied 9 months ago.

Hmm, let me open up your question to our other experts now, who can assist you further with this issue. Please do NOT rate until your issue has been resolved (or you will be charged.) Thank you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I got the problem fixed. Thanks for your help