michelleclive
michelleclive, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Notebook and Handhelp support expertise
26798893

I have a q552u laptop that has gone into sleep mode and will

Customer Question

i have a q552u laptop that has gone into sleep mode and will not come out of it. i tried to hold down the power button but it will not power off completely no matter how long i hold down the button
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 6 months ago.

Hi, I'm Randy. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Try these steps please, connect the Asus to a known good wall outlet and charger, then press and hold the power button down for 60 seconds, if that fails, disconnect the charger and then press and hold the power button for 60 seconds. Let me know what happens please.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I tried both ways and nothing happened
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the sleep indicator is slowly flashing
Expert:  michelleclive replied 6 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

Unplug the ac adapter and then unplug the battery from the laptop if it has a removable battery.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
it does not have a removable battery
it is unplugged

now push and hold down the power button for 45 seconds, make sure the ac adapter is unplugged.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I did that already and nothing happened

what do you have on the screen now?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the screen is off

Connect the ac adapter and then power it on let me know what you see on the screen?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
it wont power on...it wont power off...it is in sleep mode and wont come out of it...the sleep mode light is flashing every couple of seconds. the battery/ power light is on too.

its basically stuck on the sleep mode. We will have to unplug the ac adapter and let it sit till the battery is drained you will have to wait for 6 to 8 hrs the charger must be disconnected and let the laptop sit for 8 hrs it will shed the battery power then it will shut down. Once you notice he sleep light is not blinking then you push and hold down the power button for 45 seconds and do not connect the charger. Wait for 5 mins and then connect the charger and power on.

Once you are in the windows screen go to the power options and and reset power options.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
okay i will try that. what do i do if that doesn't work?
do I get back on here and let u know?

It will definitely work that's how the power cycle principle works. Incase you have any question feel free to ask. To open this chat open justanswer email and look for view my answer button the chat will reopen and you can post me a reply.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
okay, thank you for your help

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, please provide a rating. If not, please let me know so l can continue to help you. Thank you.