Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

I have a repair insignia ns-p11w6100 flex - 11.6. I cant get

Customer Question

I have a repair insignia ns-p11w6100 flex - 11.6. I cant get the micro sd card out. I may have to take off the back to get to it... is this an easy process?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  ComputerHammer replied 3 months ago.

Hello, welcome to just answer.

I'm sure you pushed it in first before you pulled it right?

Has to be pushed in to release it.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
That's what I thought. But now it's in there so far I can't push it any more.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The computer does not recognize the card and I need to get it out maybe I put it in wrong.

Ok, just wanted to make sure. I'll opt out and see if someone else knows more about disassembling it.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Please tell me, how old is the Flex tablet/laptop in question ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Brand new.

Thanks for the response.

Has the memory card slot worked before this?

Have you disassembled the laptop/tablet in question any at all, already?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No. But I will have to. The card is stuck inside and won't pop out.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
This is the first time I've inserted the card.

OK.

In this case, please proceed only after considering this:

- If you open the machine, you will break seals and the warranty will be voided.

- If you have not inserted the card before then the question is, did you insert it properly?

- ...and, is it the right kind of card for the slot it was put into? What variety of memory card was it, please?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
A micro SD card in a micro SD slot. I put it in with the label facing up, but my experience is if it is the wrong way it won't go in too far. This went in and stayed. The card is not recognized by the computer

I think you didn't put it in the wrong way nor in the wrong slot. You obviously did not make a mistake, I trust, from the sound of it, for sure.

Then I would just need to ask two more things about this case:

- Did you buy the tablet/laptop it in-person, in a store?

- Does the microSD card have anything in the way of data of value to you, on it?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I got it from amazon, and the card is blank.

Then I would say it is defective - the memory card slot behavior, of swallowing a card and not expelling it, is fairly unusual. And need I say, not good?

Memory card slots generally have no 'expel' or 'eject' switch whatever, and so if the card does not come out of itself, the computer also has no control over expelling it.

It is possible in fact, that if the card simply slid in all the way, there is not a card reader inside the card reader slot! definitively defective merchandise if so.

If it was bought New, as opposed to Used, then you're in luck - the purchase can be returned (at the cost of a lost memory card, perhaps, unless they return that part to you) and you can get either a refund or an exchange for another - hopefully fully working! - tablet/laptop of equal or equivalent value and functions.

Does this sound right? or is there more to discuss.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I don't know. I wanted to get instructions to take the back off. But as I look at it, there may not be a reader there afterall. I can see a thin piece of metal but no card. I'm not sure if they will take it back but I'll ask. This didn't solve this my problem like I'd hoped.

Taking it apart will only get you back the memory card! and will void your warranty, which is valuable if the tablet breaks down in any fashion within the year.

Try upending the tablet/laptop's base, with the 'slot' you put the card into down, and shake it vigorously - with the power Off first, of course!