IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

I have already contacted Louie but do not want to continue

Customer Question

I have already contacted Louie but do not want to continue with this expert as there seem to be long delays in Q and A. Can someone else please look at my question
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Kevin T replied 3 months ago.

What's up

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Are you there?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
repeat .... Are you there
Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 months ago.

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you with the problem you described.

It looks like the previous Expert is not available any more. I can continue assisting you.

Let me know if this is regarding the "Your PC needs repair" issue on Windows 10?

Thanks,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it is . I will be back at my desk this afternoon around 2:00pm. I will try to contact you then. Is this OK?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 months ago.

Sure.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 months ago.

I have read the entire conversation between you and the previous Expert (Louie).

The problem you are experiencing is caused by the corrupted Windows boot files. The usual repair methods won't work, so you will need to re-install Windows. You can do that using the built-in ASUS recovery manager or using a Windows 10 disk.

To access the built-in ASUS recovery manager, power on the laptop and immediately keep pressing the F9 key. It will start the ASUS recovery manager where you can choose between several options - "Recover Windows to First Partition Only" or "Recover Windows to Entire HD". The first option will delete only the system (C:) drive and re-install Windows, while the second option will delete all drivers and re-install Windows. In case you have several partitions created, for example system (C:) for Windows and data (D:) for data, you can choose the first option to delete only the C: drive, while keeping the D: drive. That will re-install Windows without deleting your data on another partition.

Alternatively, you can re-install Windows using a Windows 10 disk. If you don't have one, there is a way to download the Windows 10 disk image file from the Internet and burn it onto a blank DVD using another computer. You can do that in case the built-in ASUS recovery manager doesn't work.

So, when you come back, you can check if pressing the F9 key will bring the built-in ASUS recovery manager.

Regards,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks for your answer so far. I can see that you understand the issue. By the way, my name is ***** ***** Brooke.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 months ago.

No problem, Frank.

Let me know if the built-in ASUS recovery manager works for you, and if you want to proceed with it.

Regards,

Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 months ago.

Hello again!

I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. Let me know if the built-in ASUS recovery manager worked.

Thanks,

Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 months ago.

Hello again!

Several days have passed since we last communicated, and you haven't replied to my last message, so I am wondering if you still require assistance with the issue.

Let me know by sending me a reply below.

Thanks,