Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

My ASUS G75V just quit booting from the hard drive. It has

Customer Question

My ASUS G75V just quit booting from the hard drive. It has been working fine for over two years and now when you try to boot it up the message on the screen says: "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 8 months ago.

Lanny,

I am sorry to hear that you're having this issue. Unfortunately, there is no specific fix as this issue could originate from a improperly seated hard disk to a faulty cable connecting the disc to the board. It may also be a signing of a failing hard disk. Therefore, can you please follow the steps listed here http://appuals.com/reboot-and-select-proper-boot-device/ to diagnose this issue? Once you are done following the steps, let me know the results.

Thanks

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Well I went to the link you sent me, I tried all of their suggestions but nothing fixed the problem.

What were the results of Easy Recover Essentials?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Well I went through all of the things that were listed there, but none of them fixed my problem. I finally fixed it through the BIOS and installing a new hard drive. I even have my extra*****working in it as well.

So that means the hard disk had failed and you replaced it to fix the issue? Well, that was what had to diagnose. I'm glad you did.