GeekGal, Laptop Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS Degree and 15+ years experience supporting both Mac and windows laptops

OK people, here we go again. Last May I disabled my password

Customer Question

OK people, here we go again. Last May I disabled my password ***** my Asus laptop, because I don't need one. Now I can't seem to get back into it because their asking for a password!! I have no pw people. Help, I don't have the lp at the moment so I can't give more info. Sorry people. But you people had an answer for me in a heartbeat last May, but I never received the answer!! Well good luck people. ***** *****
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Viet - Laptop Tech replied 2 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Does your Asus laptop have windows xp, vista, or 7 or 8 or 10?

Does it show a name or username at the password ***** login screen?
Does it show an email address at the password ***** login screen?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK, the laptop has win 7, It just say ENTER PASSWORD. No email address. Remember I disabled the pw!! so there is no pw.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 2 months ago.

Hi Mick! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. Have you tired leaving the password ***** and clicking login, or clicking the box then pressing enter?

Expert:  GeekGal replied 2 months ago.

If that doesn't work, please try the steps in the attached pdf document. I have tried to post the steps here in this message, but received an error message.

Please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! Without a rating I am not credited for my answer. If this doesn't solve the problem be sure to let me know so we can continue troubleshooting.