cvd4311
cvd4311, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have a BA in CIT and have been working in the computer field for over 14 years.
20109878

COMPUTER Laptop question: after I upgraded to Windows 10,

Customer Question

COMPUTER Laptop question:
after I upgraded to Windows 10, everything is tiny on my laptop's screen. Icons are much smaller than previous. Browser bookmark bar icons and the borders around the browsers are really small.Internet Edge is the default browser, and I prefer Chrome. But when I go to System >change defaults, click to change browser default, then click Chrome--nothing happens. Chrome icon doesn't appear in the default browser spot--and when I open Chrome it again says it is not the default browser.can you recommend what to do about these changes after upgrading?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 3 months ago.

Right click on an empty spot on your desktop, then click on View, then select Large, Medium or Small icons.

Expert:  cvd4311 replied 3 months ago.

When you go to chrome and it says it isn't your default browser it should give you an option to click on it to make it your default browser.

Expert:  cvd4311 replied 3 months ago.

Also try this for chrome bookmarks and icons:

To change the "Message Box" font size :

1. right-click on the window desktop

2. enter "Display Setting" on the senond item from behind

3. enter "Advanced Display Setting" below

4. in "Related Setting" below , there is an link for font size , click the link to "font changing window"

5. In the drop-down menu , there is "Message box" font to change.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Well, now I can't reach the "Send" on my Yahoo email. I've attached a PNG, and the Send button is on the lower left, just above task bar.
How can I get access to the whole web email screen? why is the taskbar opaque, even though I chose "Autohide"Thanks.
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 3 months ago.

You should be able to do this:Right click Taskbar, Properties and untick "Use small taskbar buttons".

Also in the Properties box, you can modify settings such as the taskbar’s orientation on your screen (top, left, bottom, etc), as well as the option to use small taskbar buttons or stick to the larger format. You can also try to click auto hide again.

After that completely close out our whatever browser you are using then come back in. If that doesn't update the taskbar, restart device then go back into your browser.

Keep me posting by replying to this chat.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi again. It hasn't worked perfectly but I have been a little to busy to study it now. I'd like to go head and rate you 5* and then ask you follow up when I have the time, OK? Thanks!
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
actually, the rating stars are grayed out. I'll have to do rating later when they are active.
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 3 months ago.

Sorry about that. They should be up and going again. Thank you so much.