Jason Fenoglio
Jason Fenoglio, Sr. Systems Engineer
Experience:  Sr. Systems Engineer
94203781

I just bought an ASUS G752 and it was working fine yesterday

Customer Question

Hi, I just bought an ASUS G752 and it was working fine yesterday but today there's suddenly no sound. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling realtek but it still does not work.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Asus? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: ASUS G752VT-GC060T, Windows 10
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have tried reinstalling the audio device
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: That's all, thank you
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Jason Fenoglio replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. Give me a few minutes to look over your question and I will respond shortly.

Did the new Anniversary Update for Windows 10 run before this happened?

Is the audio driver that you installed V6.0.1.7831?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
it is that version. I just got the laptop yesterday and it has windows 10 on it already. I also tried uinstalling high definition audio device instead of realtek but still no sound

Sorry if they may sound like a silly question but, did you verify that the headphone jack was removed or hit "fn + F12" to make sure the audio was not muted?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Ok. Can you click on the search bar near your Start button and type Device Manager. Click on Device Manager. Under the Device Manager there should be a section for "Sound, video and game controllers". Find the Realtek device and double click on it. Let me what the device status says.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It says its workingworking properly

Right click on the Realtek and click Uninstall. Reboot the laptop and it should try to reinstall it again. Let's see if that helps.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I already did it twice

You've pretty much done everything that can be done on the software side. The driver status shows that the audio card is working but the speakers or the connection to the speakers may have failed. Did you buy this at a store locally?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
But sound was working fine yesterday.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Now when i play sound the speaker icon in Sound still shows sound playing but theres no sound coming from the laptop

I would still take it back to them and have them fix it or replace it. They are probably going to try to fix it so they don't have to return it. I'm willing to bet that the speakers failed. They could've been defective even though they worked for a short period of time.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Nothing else I can do?

It sounds like you've already done everything else short of reloading it but I wouldn't do that if you just got it yesterday. The store should honor the return policy.

Just checking in to see if you need anymore assistance. Let me know.

Jason