ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  15 years as a professional computer technician.
56108293

My HP Pavilion dv7 laptop is experiencing the error code

Customer Question

My HP Pavilion dv7 laptop is experiencing the error code 0xe0ef003 when running the Minimized Image Recovery.
Please advise,
Thank You,
Category: Laptop
Expert:  ChrisC replied 10 months ago.

Hi Dan, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer!

The error that you're receiving usually indicates that the hard drive is failing. Can you tell me how long you've had that laptop?

Expert:  ChrisC replied 10 months ago.

Dan, you seem to be away from your computer so I'm going to leave an answer for you.

Since you're performing a recovery, I assume that you have gotten all the data off the drive that you may need. If not, you'll want to save your files if you're able to actually get into the operating system.

Due to the error code you're receiving, the safest course of action is to simply replace the hard drive. Otherwise, you could face a catastrophic crash in the near future even if you were able to perform the recovery.

Windows would have to be reinstalled from scratch on the new drive. To do this, you would need to contact HP about ordering an Recovery Kit for the machine. You can find more information about doing that at the following link:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07143

Once the new drive has been installed and Windows has been reinstalled, you should be good to go. Though alternatively, considering this machine was originally released about five years ago, if you've been considering getting a new computer, it may be the best idea to go just go ahead and do that instead of putting money into this one.

If you have any other questions on this just let me know.

And before leaving this page, please use the rating box at the top of the page to rate the answer at least 3 Stars/OK Service or better so that I receive credit for assisting you.