Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Hardware Support Specialist for more than 10 years

My laptop battery went dead and I replaced it. Now it

Customer Question

My laptop battery went dead and I replaced it. Now it wouldn't boot up. What do I need to do now?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 months ago.

Hi Robert, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. What happens when you turn on your laptop? Is it still turning ON but won't boot? Or is it no longer turning ON?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it is no longer powered on
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 months ago.

Hi Robert,

Thank you for writing back with that information. Please perform the following procedures to fix your laptop issues:

1. Remove the battery
  2. Unplug ALL USB devices attached to the laptop
  3. Eject the CD/DVD drive and make sure that there is no disc in the drive
  4. Unplug the power cord from the laptop and from the mains or power source
  5. While the battery is out and the power cable unplugged, press and hold the power button or switch for approximately 60 seconds
  6. Then release the power button/switch
  7. Then, without the battery, plug in the power cable to the mains or power source
  8. Then plug the other end of the power to the laptop
  9. Then turn it back ON and see if it boots this time with the battery bypassed
  10. If that did not work, please try to insert back the battery and try turning on the laptop again then see if it boots this time.

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,