Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Trouble shoot, repair, hardware software.

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop. When I start it firstly

Customer Question

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop. When I start it firstly the Windows insignia is blurry with all colours black in the centre and only identifyable on the fringe. Then it goes white screen with app icons very dark and screen shaky. When I open a document the background is black and writing dull white.
The actual integrity of the data seems ok its just the screen
Hope you can help
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 2 months ago.

Hello Chris, and thank you for choosing

Do you have a monitor you can connect this laptop to?

The reason likely have failure on the monitor LCD screen, and if that is true, connecting this laptop to an external monitor should yield good picture on the external.

But if the picture looks the SAME on the external monitor, then its NOT the LCD screen, its the VIDEO CHIP (card, or onboard chip) has failed, or is in the process of failing.

Thats the BEST WAY to find out EXACTLY what the issue is.

Please take a moment to rate and submit.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sorry for the delay I had to travel overseas. Prior to leaving I was not able to access a remote screen to test your answer so have not yet rated. I am back in Australia in 2 weeks and will review . Chris

Okay Chris, but this will NOT remian open for 2 only remians open for about 7 days in total, and then will time out.

So you will have to open ANOTHER request once you get back, unfortunately.

Ofcourse, when my answer works, and your not able to rate or pay (because its timed out due to lack of activity)......I guess you got a freebie......maybe you will come back and ask another question?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok sorry about that had not used this before and did not know how it worked. I actually thought it was a Toshiba site. But yes I will use again. Chris