Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop expert
50836188

My laptop the screen went dark,it has a Windows 8

Customer Question

My laptop the screen went dark,it has a Windows 8 installed,i touched what I thought was 'open a new tab' what should I try,
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Josh replied 4 months ago.

Hi Gerald,

Please hold down the POWER BUTTON for 10 seconds until your laptop powers off. Wait 1 minute then power it back on. After the restart, everything should be back to normal again.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Expert:  Josh replied 4 months ago.

I see that you opened another question -- Please reply back here.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Same questions
Expert:  Josh replied 4 months ago.

I am not sure what you mean by "same questions"

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I my screen is still black,twice I was asked to press power button until it turns off,them wait a minute and then try it again,still not working G
Expert:  Josh replied 4 months ago.

When you powered it back on, did you see anything on your screen?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No I don't feel comfortable doing that,i must leave the hotel it is very important I get my payrollin by 12:00 or my team(14 guys) will not get pd
Expert:  Josh replied 4 months ago.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No,i did not
Expert:  Josh replied 4 months ago.

What is the make/model of your laptop?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
HP 14
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hp15,sorry
Expert:  Josh replied 4 months ago.

Please remove the battery and while the battery is out, hold down the power button for 8-10 seconds. After that, plug in the laptop without the battery installed. Now hold down the power button until the laptop powers on.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
OK you Josh,I am driving to our office building and doing payroll,charge Mt account for the 30 ?? $ I am buying a new laptop tomorrow,sorry if I,just am disappointed with this one , I have no time to do anything with it tonight,thankuou
Expert:  Josh replied 4 months ago.

I am glad to hear you will be able to use payroll.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
On my works computer not on this one. Where should I leave this review that I'm not happy with
Expert:  Josh replied 4 months ago.

Did you try my steps with the removing battery?

I am sorry that you are disappointed that the computer hasn't been fixed and you wish to purchase another one. Please remember the rating system is used for our session and should not be rated negatively based on the overall outcome if a device cannot be fixed.

Expert:  Josh replied 4 months ago.

I still have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am not at all satisfied with your service,i took my laptop to a computer repair shop today after I tried your advice,i already said I will pay your fee of 39.00,but I will not give a positive review,Gerald Olin Jr.
Expert:  Josh replied 4 months ago.

Gerald,

Not providing a positive review means that I am not credited with helping you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I just said,my laptop is at a credible repair shop,how can I do a remote fix,if that were the case,when I was in desperate need of some help at 11:00 last night,why didn't you just do it! My employment wasin jeopardy
Expert:  Josh replied 4 months ago.

Gerald,

The offer for remote services is auto-generated by our system; I am not sending that offer.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Stop texting me!
Expert:  Josh replied 4 months ago.

Gerald,

Rating our session as 3 stars or higher will close the question.