ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  15 years as a professional computer technician.

I am running Windows 10 on my Toshiba Satellite 2 in 1

Customer Question

I am running Windows 10 on my Toshiba Satellite 2 in 1 laptop/tablet with an external DVD-RW Drive.
I was told that I can play XBOX ONE Games/disks on the laptop since I don't own an XBOX.When insert the CD/DVD the laptop does not recognize the XBOX game. I've already tested regulars CDs and DVD's with no issues. I have the application installed correctly on the laptop.
Thanks in advance -
Category: Laptop
Expert:  ChrisC replied 2 months ago.

Hi Ryan, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer!

I'm not sure who told you that you can play XBox One discs on your PC but you were misinformed. XBox discs are manufactured in a way that they are only readable by that particular machine and cannot be read by a standard computer DVD player. It's kind of like how PlayStation games can ONLY be read by the PlayStation and can't be read by a PC or any other system. The XBox is the same way.

With that said, Microsoft HAS made it possible to play XBox ones games on Windows 10 via streaming from your existing library. For full information and instructions on how to do this, please see the following link:

I wish there was a way to just pop those discs in and start gaming but unfortunately it doesn't work that way. Let me know if you have any other questions on this.

And before leaving this page, please remember to use the rating box at the top of the screen to rate the answer at least 3 Stars/OK Service or better so that I receive credit for assisting you.

Expert:  ChrisC replied 2 months ago.

Ryan, here's another article that I found for you that explains the situation: