Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist

My battery is draining a lot faster all the sudden. When I

Customer Question

Hi, my battery is draining a lot faster all the sudden. When I boot it up it gives me a message to go to to address the battery issue.
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: a week or so
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I took the battery out and put it back in. Then I restarted my laptop.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your laptop, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: HP AMD A6 is the model and I'm using windows 10
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Laptop Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Bhavik Joshi replied 3 months ago.

Hi Welcome to JustAnswer

1. Press and hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

2. Turn on the computer and immediately press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second until the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI menu is displayed.

3. Click Component Tests in the main menu.

4. In the list of Component Tests, click Battery.

5. On the Battery Test, click Run once. The Battery Test begins.

The Battery Test takes about two minutes. The Battery Calibration, if needed, requires 2 to 4 hours. You can cancel at any time by pressing the Escape key (Esc).

6. When the testing is done, the first line on the Battery Check page displays the status or condition of the battery. If your battery passed, clickMain Menu or click Battery Details for more information.

In the following example, the battery test failed and shows that the battery should be replaced.

7. If your battery failed, check the table below for suggested actions. Then write down the battery status and Failure ID .

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Have not received response after running the battery test that failed. Failure ID - OLG319-6JV860-MFPWXG-COA903

Can you send me the test logs which is available in UEFI Main Menu. I want to see its status code

You can visit :

And try performing steps one by one as instructed

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
my failure ID in the test log is 0LG319-6JV860-MFPWXG-C0A903

No, Failure Id is not required as of now I need to know the status message.Below is the screenshot of the battery status messages and its meaning. Please check which status message out of them you are getting with this failure ID.