Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

Can't factory reset old toshiba tecra m2 no matter what I've

Customer Question

can't factory reset old toshiba tecra m2 no matter what I've tried. Used F1, F8 and zero trick. Nothing. Keeps first asking for password. Can't get past that
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Toshiba? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: It's an old toshiba M2 running windows xp
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Everything suggested on the internet. Can't get past the initial password ***** except to give it and then it goes right to either safe mode or regular mode.
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: that's it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

The password ***** asking for, does it show the windows login screen and a user account and ask for a password?

Or, does it only show a blank screen with a password *****? Please be as descriptive as possible.

Dustin S