Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

I have asked this question before, but still I am not able

Customer Question

hello. I have asked this question before, but still I am not able to fix my laptop. One day I was using my Dell Laptop, basically brand new. I dont see any dust on it. Im almost positive it didnt overheat. But within a second it did a hard shutdown. I have some files on there I would like not to lose, so I want to be careful with my next step. Theres a white led light you would call it that is constant as long as its plugged in. Otherwise, nothing seems to be working, no startup, no fan noise. P.S. I already tried the holding the power button for 20 seconds solution. Can somebody please help??
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Cody replied 6 months ago.

If it does not power up at all there is not much we can do remotely.

Is it under warranty still?

If you need the contents off the hard drive you could purchase an adapter online so you can plug the hard drive into another computer to access the files off of it.