Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Hardware Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

Have a lenovo laptop edge 15 and it wont start. the power

Customer Question

have a lenovo laptop edge 15 and it wont start. the power light is on , but no power
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Jess M. replied 5 months ago.

Hi William, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Yes, I believe your laptop is still covered with warranty since you just purchased it this year. You can surely send or bring the unit to the store where you bought it to have it checked and fixed.

However, if you want to troubleshoot the problem first before bringing it to the store, you can try to do the following to revive the laptop:

1. Please check if the battery of the laptop is removable. If it is removable, please remove the battery. If it is not removable, do not proceed to the steps below, instead, please let me know so that I can give you another procedures for non-removable batteries.
  2. After removing the battery, please UNPLUG the power cable from the laptop and from the mains
  3. With the battery removed and the power adapter unplugged from the laptop, please press the power button and hold it for approximately 60 seconds and then release it.
  4. After releasing the power button after 60 seconds, please DO NOT insert the battery yet
  5. Plug in the power adapter to the mains (first)
  6. Then plug in the power jack to the laptop (second)
  7. Then turn ON the laptop without the battery and see if it boots this time.

Please let me know your results by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess