Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  12+ years experience. Expert in repairing various laptop models
50064670

Re:91175776 I am the owner of a MACBOOK OS X..Version 10.6.8

Customer Question

re:91175776
I am the owner of a MACBOOK OS X..Version 10.6.8 Processor:2.4 GHz intel core 2Duo.
MEMORY:2GB 1067 MHz DDR3..
I called Wed.,22June, and spoke with a french lady about my constantly getting--
BLOCKED PLUG IN, when trying to read my E-mails and other YAHOO information.The lady
advised me I would get a response from a technician within 48-hrs..I regret to advise you
I am still getting the Blocked Plug in msg. I have over 150 E-mails and I imagine some of these message from my son in KUWAIT..THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO ME.
Are you able to help. If not can you refer me to the appropriate people who can help me remedy this problem I am having
My name is ***** ***** (###) ###-####
my E-mail is***@******.***
Your assistance in this matter will be greater appreciated
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 5 months ago.

Hi Tom! I don't think we're the same folks you contacted before. This is JustAnswer.com -- we operate a pay-per-solution, online Q&A service. That said, I'm happy to help if you were meaning to contact us!

To fix your issue, please try these steps:

1. Choose Safari > Preferences…
  2. Click the Security pane.
  3. Click Manage Website Settings to see plug-in details for a particular website.
  4. Internet plug-ins installed on your computer appear on the left side of the plug-ins sheet. Select a plug-in to configure its website settings.
  5. Websites that are currently open in Safari appear on the right side of the plug-ins sheet. Websites that you have already configured by clicking "Trust" or "Cancel" also appear here.
  6. Use the following options to set how you want Safari to handle a specific Internet plug-in when visiting a website.
    • Ask – When visiting the website, Safari displays a placeholder instead of the Internet plug-in content. The placeholder indicates that there is plug-in content that is not being displayed.

Click the placeholder to override your current Safari preferences for this website. A dialog appears stating:

"Do you want to trust the website '(website)' to use the '(plug-in name)' plug-in?
      You can manage which websites you trust to use this plug-in in the Security pane of Safari preferences."
    • Block – This option disables the plug-in on the specified website.
      When the plug-in is blocked, its content no longer loads on the page. Instead, Safari displays the "blocked for this website" placeholder.
      Clicking the placeholder displays an alert sheet where you can select "Trust" to allow the plug-in to load and display its content.
    • Allow – Safari always loads and displays this type of content when visiting this website, unless the Internet plug-in is blocked by OS X File Quarantine.
    • Allow Always – Safari loads and displays this type of Internet plug-in content without prompting, even if the Internet plug-in is blocked by OS X File Quarantine.
      Choosing Allow Always may present a security risk, so only select this option on websites you trust.
    • Run in Unsafe Mode – Allows the Internet plug-in to load and display its content completely without malware safety checks.
      Choosing Run in Unsafe Mode may present a security risk, so only select this option on websites you trust.
  7. Select an option from the "When visiting other websites:" menu to set how the plug-in behaves when you open a webpage from a site not already in this list.

Once you've enabled your "blocked" plugins, try to access your email again. Does this resolve the issue for you?

Expert:  alma-cssm replied 5 months ago.
Dear Customer: It appears that you have posted two identical questions. We need to contact you so we can take necessary action on it. However, we are unable to do that as we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that you may be assisted. (http://www.justanswer.com/laptop/9ry7d-re-91175776-owner-macbook-os-x-version-10-6-8.html?rpt=1350). Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 5 months ago.

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

Can I remote onto your Machine and have a look at your problem? It’s fully secure and you can see what I am doing at all times. If you wish please accept my remote support offer and let me know your time zone and the time period you prefer for remote support. Then I can send you the details to connect.

Regards
Jins