Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

I just bought a new acer xc 705 and a new samsung sd590c

Customer Question

Hi
I just bought a new acer xc 705 and a new samsung sd590c Monitor. Connected everything and turned it on, but there is no picture on the screen. i Connected it via hdmi cable and also tried vga both at no result. the monitor works perfectly as i connected it to my laptop and it worked so it has to be the pc. i don't even see the bios running.
Any Help?
Thanks Lukas
Category: Laptop
Expert:  ChrisC replied 5 months ago.

Hi Lukas, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer!

I'm sorry to hear that you're running into this issue. I know that must be frustrating.

You say that the monitor works fine if you connect it to another machine. Are you connecting to the other computer via HDMI or VGA? When you connect it to the ACER do you get anything at all indicating that a new device has been connected?