Bhavik Joshi
Bhavik Joshi, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  Product Developer at Computer Science Corporation
94617175

I am having black screen issue with blue lights still on and

Customer Question

I am having black screen issue with blue lights still on and I have tried all the mentioned solutions and screen does not come back
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: just today
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: esc, refresh power button holding at same time, doesn't work
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: I don't think so, thank you
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Laptop Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Bhavik Joshi replied 5 months ago.

Hi

Which operating system you are using ?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Acer chromebook, google chrome browser

Firstly charge your battery sufficiently and then remove your charger cable.

Once done see if your PC is coming out of sleep mode by closing its lid. If this doesn't work then you will need to do hard reset as I believe its battery can not be removed you need to try and press power button for around 15 sec to turn it off.

Try this and let me know if it works.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I don't know how to do a hard reset, what is that? I keep the charger in all the time, so blue light is lit!

Remove your charger and then press power button for 15 second. It should shut down your machine.After restart it should work as expected.

Please see if this works !

By hard reset I mean try and remove your battery. But I think in your machine battery can't be removed.If you can remove it please remove it and attach it again.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
There has been no change when I followed your instructions. Please advise

Please try following :-

1. Turn off the computer.

2. Disconnect all peripheral devices and remove all USB devices and media cards.

3. Disconnect the AC power adapter. If the Chromebook features a removable battery, remove the battery.

4. Press and hold the power button for at least 7 seconds.

5. Reconnect the AC power adapter.

If you removed the battery, do not reconnect it at this time.

6. Turn on the computer.

If above method doesn't work then we can fix it by doing chromebook recovery.Recovering your Chromebook lets you remove and reinstall the Chrome operating system (OS). While recovery can resolve most serious issues, it will also permanently erase all information on your Chromebook's hard drive.

For that you should try following :-

To recover your Chromebook:

1. On the working computer (not the Chromebook with the error), install the recovery app.
  2. Open the app and follow the on-screen instructions to create the recovery media.
  3. Open the Chromebook that you want to recover.
  4. If you have anything connected to this Chromebook (such as a mouse, SD card or external hard drive), remove it.
  5. Enter recovery mode:
    • If you have a Chromebook with a keyboard, press and hold Esc + Refresh , then press Power . Let go of Power, then let go of the other keys.
    • If you have a Chromebox or Chromebit, turn it off, press its recovery button, then press the Power button to turn it back on. To find the location of the recovery button, see the user manual.
  6. You'll see one of these messages:
    • "Chrome OS is missing or damaged. Please insert a recovery USB stick or SD card."
    • "Please insert a recovery USB stick or SD card."
  7. Insert the recovery media that you've created (SD card or USB drive).
  8. Follow the on-screen instructions.