Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

I think my realtek chip(set) has developed a fault. I have

Customer Question

I think my realtek chip(set) has developed a fault. I have re-installed the drivers and it makes no difference. It sounds faint and croaky in all applications. Which are the chips in my Acer Aspire 3684? Thank you in advance, Heath.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Aspire? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: Windows Vista. Aspire 3684 WXMI. It has been working fine and nothing changed until this problem. Not after reboot or anything else.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Removing realtek and re-instaling on boot up.
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No thank you. That is my only problem.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Laptop Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Jess M. replied 5 months ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Did you install Windows updates recently?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No, nothing has been loaded or changed. It was working fine and when i went to use it again, it is soft and croaky and sometimes it has a LOUD burst then back to quiet and croaky. Thanks, Heath.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 5 months ago.

Hi Heath,

Thank you for writing back with that information.

Can I remotely access your Windows Vista computer so that I can directly check and fix the problem while you watch?

Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,
Jess