Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  IT expert with over 10 years experience.

I'M LeRoy. got my laptop I loaned her , she said hes had

Customer Question

Hi, I'M LeRoy. got my laptop I loaned her for college, she said hes had problems with is and a friend put un a new hard drive, no the computer does nothing. I trun it on and says no bootable devic e, puich any key nothin g happens, What could be wrong with the computer<
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: I have model
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: W588 UA#A BA
JA: The computer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: I can't get the computer to connect ti the internet.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Laptop Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Chris L. replied 4 months ago.

Since a new hard drive was put into the computer it most likely does not have an operating system installed on it. That would cause this message. Basically what this means is you need to install windows on the new hard drive.

If it is saying it cant find a drive to boot from it either means it is not seeing the hard drive or the hard drive does not have an operating system installed.

If you have a windows installation disc put that in the CD drive and attempt to boot and install windows.

If you do not have a windows disc or you are able to get it to boot and are getting some other error let me know.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
getting no boot
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
actually says no bootable devioce
Expert:  Chris L. replied 4 months ago.

If it says no bootable device the hard drive is either not installed correctly or there is no operating system on the hard drive.

There are a couple things we can check such as if it is trying to boot from a different drive but I will need to the make and model of laptop before I can tell you what to do. Please let me know.