Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  15 Years saving Laptops from the recyling bin! Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

I have an ASUS F155CS/N E2NDCX109187074, MODEL #D550CA-RS31.

Customer Question

I have an ASUS F155CS/N E2NDCX109187074, MODEL #D550CA-RS31. I am currently using my wife's laptop. About 6 weeks ago, my little baby (ASUS, not wife), just froze, stopped, and that was it, nothing. Since that tinme, I have slowly been able to access a few items through the back door, garage and even the chimney :)). I get stuck trying to download ANY files of the .exe, .dll, or some others, when I try to update drivers, attempt to fix, etc. I have the ability to copy any availale fixes to an SD card of any size up to 64GB, BUT the card read cannot read anytihng. My issue is a priority for me, as I am a 100% disabled veteran, and that laptop is my lifeline with the Dept of Veterans Affairs. I did the Windows 10 upgrade last fall, and everything was going smooth. I am meticulous about what I download, and I have tried everything that I know of to rectify this on my own. Is there ANYTHING you can advide me on, or any support that you can provide? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Category: Laptop
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I really wanted a fast, no-hassle response. Instead, I keep getting hassled for more money each page. I am on a serious budget schedule, as beig a disabled veteran doesn't pay too well these days. How much is this goping to end up biting ne in the butt?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I would really ike a "remote" fix, but of course I can't see the price list until I have committed
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

We may be able to handle this without remote support and keep your costs lower. Since you mentioned you can get to the point where you can attempt to download programs or exe files.. I assume you can boot into windows.

So lets try these steps first and let me know what happens

Shut down the windows 10 computer, start it.. When it gets to the windows sign in screen, dont sign in.

Instead, left click the power button at the bottom right.

Then, hold down the shift key on your keyboard, and then click restart.

This should bring you to the blue screen menu.. Choose troubleshooting, advanced, and then choose system restore.

Once system restore loads, choose a restore point that was one day before this problem started and then carry out the system restore.

That should fix the issue, but if you get stuck or this doesnt work then please send a detailed reply and I will assist you further as needed.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.