Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop expert
50836188

I just bought a new plug Acer chrome book . It turned on. It

Customer Question

I just bought a new plug for my Acer chrome book . It turned on. It hasn't turned in for over a year . But the screen doesn't look right, lots of white or colored squares upon squares wrecking the background pic . How can I fix this? Or does it just need to charge completely?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Josh replied 6 months ago.

Hi!

Please plug your chrome book into a charger and while it is plugged in, hold down the POWER BUTTON for 10 seconds until it powers off. Wait 1 minute and power it back on again.

Let me know if the issue isn't fixed

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as EXCELLENT, GOOD, or OK and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Josh!It looks different now, there is a large rectangular blue square in the middle with overlapping light blue and white squares now.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What shall I try next?
I just unplugged it, plugged it back in and now I have a large red square with a small blue rectangle in the middle and some small white squares and rectangles in the right
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Red not right)
Expert:  Josh replied 6 months ago.

Try removing the battery and plugging in the chrome book without the battery. Hold down the power button until the chrome book powers off then wait 1 minute and power it back on.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
How DO I remove the battery?
Expert:  Josh replied 6 months ago.

Which model chrome book do you have?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I got the battery out
Expert:  Josh replied 6 months ago.

Great!

Plug in the chrome book while the battery is removed. Hold down the power button until the chrome book powers off then wait 1 minute and power it back on.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I did that and still looks messed up but no red or blue large rectangle
Expert:  Josh replied 6 months ago.

It sounds like your chrome book has some hardware failure with the monitor or video card. I would suggest that you take your chrome book to a local repair shop so they can diagnosis and give you a free quote on the cost of repair. If you provide your zip code, I can provide you with a repair shop that is close-by.

Expert:  Josh replied 6 months ago.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as EXCELLENT, GOOD, or OK and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.