Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop expert
50836188

I just bought a new plug Acer chrome book . It turned on. It

Customer Question

I just bought a new plug for my Acer chrome book . It turned on. It hasn't turned in for over a year . But the screen doesn't look right, lots of white or colored squares upon squares wrecking the background pic . How can I fix this? Or does it just need to charge completely?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Josh replied 12 months ago.

Hi!

Please plug your chrome book into a charger and while it is plugged in, hold down the POWER BUTTON for 10 seconds until it powers off. Wait 1 minute and power it back on again.

Let me know if the issue isn't fixed

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as EXCELLENT, GOOD, or OK and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hi Josh!It looks different now, there is a large rectangular blue square in the middle with overlapping light blue and white squares now.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
What shall I try next?
I just unplugged it, plugged it back in and now I have a large red square with a small blue rectangle in the middle and some small white squares and rectangles in the right
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Red not right)
Expert:  Josh replied 12 months ago.

Try removing the battery and plugging in the chrome book without the battery. Hold down the power button until the chrome book powers off then wait 1 minute and power it back on.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
How DO I remove the battery?
Expert:  Josh replied 12 months ago.

Which model chrome book do you have?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I got the battery out
Expert:  Josh replied 12 months ago.

Great!

Plug in the chrome book while the battery is removed. Hold down the power button until the chrome book powers off then wait 1 minute and power it back on.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I did that and still looks messed up but no red or blue large rectangle
Expert:  Josh replied 12 months ago.

It sounds like your chrome book has some hardware failure with the monitor or video card. I would suggest that you take your chrome book to a local repair shop so they can diagnosis and give you a free quote on the cost of repair. If you provide your zip code, I can provide you with a repair shop that is close-by.

Expert:  Josh replied 11 months ago.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as EXCELLENT, GOOD, or OK and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.