Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

Had a laptop presented that may have attempted to upgrade

Customer Question

Had a laptop presented that may have attempted to upgrade itself. There was an onscreen prompt on the laptop that asked if I wanted to continue with an upgrade to win 10. I Selected no and then the computer seemed to be applying changes. I may have acted hastily and turned it off thinking it was applying the upgrade. No when I attempt to restart is does the attempting repair restart and is always unsuccessful. There are no previous restore points in the computer. I can however show you the command screen log for directory C:. this all happened on the 19th around 7pm. I need to know if i have lost eveything or if i can revert to old windows and how to do it. Running win 7 previously.

Category: Laptop
Expert:  sudipto_dutta replied 6 months ago.
Unfortunately, the problem you are facing is caused due to a corrupt file system and it can only solved by restoring your laptop to factory defaults, which means everything will be erased and Windows will be reinstalled. If you want to backup the data then, there is a way but it is a little bit complicated, please let me know the exact make and model no. of the laptop.